Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of 658 190D's with the turbo 5 cylinder from the larger, heavier 300D. This is a car you don't see every day. It's in great shape mechanically. I've installed new glow plugs and relay, new tires, new dash, new brake pads, a new alternator and recently changed the differential, transmission and torque converter fluids. Southern car with absolutely no rust.

It runs great, with plenty of power- especially when the turbo kicks in. I've been running it on biodiesel with nothing but good results. Mileage is 230,000 with many more left in the car, they run forever.

A few issues: the clearcoat is peeling in a few places, the sunroof and rear passenger window do not work and the A/C needs to be recharged- all fairly simple repairs. Other than that, the car is great and easy to work on.

I'd love to keep the car, but a growing family means it isn't an option for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of 658 190D's with the turbo 5 cylinder from the larger, heavier 300D. This is a car you don't see every day. It's in great shape mechanically. I've installed new glow plugs and relay, new tires, new dash, new brake pads, a new alternator and recently changed the differential, transmission and torque converter fluids. Southern car with absolutely no rust.

It runs great, with plenty of power- especially when the turbo kicks in. I've been running it on biodiesel with nothing but good results. Mileage is 230,000 with many more left in the car, they run forever.

A few issues: the clearcoat is peeling in a few places, the sunroof and rear passenger window do not work and the A/C needs to be recharged- all fairly simple repairs. Other than that, the car is great and easy to work on.

I'd love to keep the car, but a growing family means it isn't an option for me.
Hi, I am interested in looking at your 190D and hearing more about it. Where are you in NC?
Thanks,
Laura
540 420 0352
Triangle area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts