Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 300E w/AMG kit
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 86' 300e w/ AMG kit....great car, only has 70k miles on it...everything runs great, but for some reason the power seats just don't budge...everything else electric works just fine (sunroof, windows, etc) and the fuse is new.. could it be that both of the seat motors just pooped out at the same time?? anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks for any help....

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
turn off all noise makers. then move the switch .. do you hear the motor ?? most likely , the cause is just the switch itself

·
Registered
1987 300E
62 Posts
open your door and try the switch..they should move..something I figure out w/ my seats[:)]

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Take the switch out of the door panel and check the connector in the rear of the switch. Make sure it's making contact, also spray some wd-40 inside the switch.
good luck

·
Registered
1986 300E w/AMG kit
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang...i took out the switch, and it's a mess of metal balls and connectors...does anyone have a diagram or anything i might compare to mine that might diagnose a problem??

Thanks again for any help.......

·
Registered
2000 E430 1990 300CE
310 Posts
I have had the same problem with my 87 and 88 300E. I found that the contact points on the little brass connectors get corroded. Simply file them a little, reassemble them carefully with the ball bearings, and it should work. It is hard to snap the switch shut without moving the ball bearings, so be patient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts