Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1978 230 1986 300E 1989 190E
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my 86 300e

On startup the car runs fine till it warms up. within minutes it goes to a rough idle and starts black smoking. I created vacumn leaks on the intake and it smooths out and runs great. As long as it has a vacumn leak it performs and idles fine.

Thanks in advance for any advice on correcting this problem.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I have an update. I pulled the OVP and the terminals were corroded so I cleaned them. Now when you accelerate it loads up with fuel and sputters and will hardly move. Anyone have any suggestions?

Don

·
Registered
1989 300 E 96 Dodge Ram 2004 Custom Chopper 2006 Harley Heritage
34 Posts
Well I have an update. I pulled the OVP and the terminals were corroded so I cleaned them. Now when you accelerate it loads up with fuel and sputters and will hardly move. Anyone have any suggestions?

Don
i WOULD REPLACE THE OVP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS! lET US KNOW CAUSE THERES ALOT OF PEOPLE FIGHTING THIS!
Big John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The OVP is the one component that I do not have a spare as it is different on my190E, everything else is the same.

I will pick one up tomorrow and give it a try. I will post results as I have discovered hundreds of post concerning this and no clear resolution.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a mercedes benz 300e and it starts just fine but when you are at a stop light or stop at all for at least two mins it starts to shake really bad and then when you go to hit the gas it shuts down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts