Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 C-230, 07 C-280 4matic
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outer door seals/wipes on the lower section of the windows are old. Does anyone know of a source to replace them or a good source for aftermarket parts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
85 300GD LWB
501 Posts
I bought mine from Mercedes. They are not the greatest in terms of quality, the metal that binds the rubber and felt is not rust proof. Mine are showing signs of rusting already and they have only seen one winter. Just beware that there are different lengths for the front windows and the rear windows [B)], don't ask me how I know.... I do suggest they be replaced before they begin to swell with rust as was the case with mine. If they swell they will likely scratch the glass and possibly cause more damage(ie rust) on the inside of your doors where they attach with those pesky little metal clips.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have the part number, or will the dealer have this? Also, is this the same part as is on the G-500 that MB USA will have? The rusted swelling has started and they do need replaced. I will call the dealership on Monday.

Thanks again,

Dave and Eve

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
86 280GE outer door seals/wipes replacments - Rear Part Number

Greg,

Thanks for the 463 part number. Does anyone else know the part number for the rear doors. I need to replace both the front and rear seals. My EPC shows parts that are unavailable.

Thanks

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Part Numbers

weberdocs - 5/1/2005 6:45 AM

Greg,

Thanks for the 463 part number. Does anyone else know the part number for the rear doors. I need to replace both the front and rear seals. My EPC shows parts that are unavailable.

Thanks
Who says they're unavailable?

Front: A.463.725.04.65 Price=€16,11

Rear: A.463.735.04.65 Price=€15,74

Prices and availability from the DCAG European website.

·
Registered
85 300GD LWB
501 Posts
RE: 86 280GE outer door seals/wipes replacments - Rear Part Number

sometimes the EPC is a bit awkward to follow in terms of revised part numbers etc. But as Dutch noted, the parts are certainly available, just wish they were made out of something more durable....

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
RE: 86 280GE outer door seals/wipes replacments - Rear Part Number

Greg S. - 5/1/2005 8:19 AM

sometimes the EPC is a bit awkward to follow in terms of revised part numbers etc.
This is especially true when using old (and out of date) versions of the EPC.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bust :)

I was looking up the 460 part numbers that weren't updated. Thanks for the part numbers. Can I get these in the US at the local dealer or should I go through the location listed above?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RE: Part Numbers

Dutch,

What is the DCAG european site? Tried a web search and couldn't find it. Would you recommend them for these parts?

Thanks

Doc Weber

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts

weberdocs - 5/1/2005 10:15 AM

Dutch,

What is the DCAG european site? Tried a web search and couldn't find it. Would you recommend them for these parts?

Thanks

Doc Weber
It's not a parts source. It is only a reference source to see about parts availability.

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts

Doc,

I have put pretty much everything I know about the G on my site.
http://4x4abc.com/G-Class/

including the parts source
http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/Projects/wi/cda/etpl?etpl_lang=01

Harald

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks Harold,

I have been a fan of your site for over a year now. Rich with data and references. Still learning the lingo and how to be more efficient. This forum helps me to learn and is a safe place to learn.

Like the EPC and the repair manuals I got from you earlier this year. Still learning how to use them and to be more efficient in how to do so.

Take care,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts