Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Accidents: None
Mileage: 195xxx km
No. Cylinders: 8
Displacement: 4998cc
Body Style: Sedan

I'm selling my 1985 European Edition 500SEL. I imported it from Germany in 2001 because I did not want the detuned, watered-down US-spec powerplant nor the awkward DOT-elongated bumpers, multi-piece headlamps and squared grille. This car has the same amount of power as a US-spec 560SEL. Approximately 280Hp at the wheels, so henneken told me and they specialize in mercedes.

Since then I've put a lot of work into the car, but now it's time to move on to another big body sedan project.

I would like to sell it or trade for a smaller economical car, like a civic or accord or what have you. Before we go further I will be honest and say it failed aircare by 40 points on HydroCarbons in the Drive test. Do not forget it has no Cat on it, but if you run gaurenteed to pass shit it might work. Anyways very nice ride.
Will take any offers. Lets see whats out there.
Please Call 604-644-6023

Performance Mods:
- RennTech cams, lifters, rocker arms
- Stylin Concepts drop shocks
- AMG lowering springs
- Flowmaster piping/Remus muffler

Exterior Mods:
- Body work and "Coach Black" paint job by Top Tech in 2002
- 20" Lowenhart LD1 rims on 235/30/ZR20 Falkens
- HID conversion
- 5% tint on the rear 3 windows, and 35% tint on the front 2
- 3" drop

Interior Mods/ICE:
- Junction Produce suede upholstery
- No deck at moment
- Alpine Type R 10" in Bassworx slot ported box with Alpine V12 t757 amp, powerful bass!!!!

Maintenance:
- $3000 worth of engine upgrades with receipts, 6 months ago
- Serviced religiously every 5000km
- Henneken (at Oak and Marine) warranty
-$1400 worth of Reciepts from Premier Transmissions for Camshaft adn Exhaust.
-$375 for engine mounts from Top Tech.

All receipts and paperwork included.

Perfect platform to work on if you're interested in the VIP scene

Vehicle located in Vancouver, B.C. Canada
1-604-644-6023

·
Registered
64 Posts
Black looks so perfect on a long wheelbase w126

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hate to see her go but I need money for bills and other stuff. =[
put probably 30000 into her that including the car and importing fees and inspection and all the bells and whistles. Shes been good tho.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
wow,, nice example of a w126. almost perfect, the cloth seats are letting it down.

You spent $30k on the car? its probably better to keep it, i just cant see someone buying it for that money. By all means its probably worth it. But people like to do up their cars themselves. Yours is already, plucked!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i mean, I had to pay for car, then I had to pay to import, adn then the maintenance and the lil extras. I think velour is better than leather, although I wish It was like the us 560sel with power back serats and sunroof.
I just want like 6 g or so local for it

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i'm actually in the market for a 500/560sel. and $6k for that car is a fantastic price. I cant understand why it hasnt been sold already. did you put it in craigslist, kijiji, used[city name].com ?

I'm tempted to take it off your hands, especially for $6k its a steel, i'm gonna sound knit-picky here, but i'd really like to have a sunroof and leather seats.

Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey bro, if you want the car for 6000 you can have it. The problem is I am in B.C. you are in ontario. If you want to fly out and grab it and drive it back.
The wheels and tires alone cost me almsot 3000 i believe. i'd have to find the reciepts. unfortunately there not worth that much anymore.
Or maybe we can work something out with trading for your car. Pm me man and let me know

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taking offers. Really need the money for bills that are way behind.
Hate to see her go, but its ok as long as it gets agood owner.
pm me or call me please

·
Registered
32 Posts
what brand and model are those wheels? they're perfect. I may end up putting something like that on my 500sel, but I'm also leaning towards a two piece black on stainless... that would look dark and amazing on the long black sedan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts