Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '85 500 SL. This is my first<br>MB. Being an ex-engineer, I have a lot of questions.<br>There are a lot of buttons, wheels, etc. that I've not<br>got a clue about regarding operation. For instance,<br>there's a stalk that appears to be the cruise control<br>but all the words are in German so I haven't been able<br>to figure out how it operates. I've not found a source<br>of owners manuals for the Euro versions. Will a 1985<br>380 SL owners manual help me or are the Euro vehicles<br>a lot different?<p>I've also got a lot of questions about maintanence as<br>well as operation. Which Web sources are particularly<br>useful?<p>Thanks!<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations and welcome to the club!! <br>The Euro and U.S. manuals are pretty much the same and are very useful.<br>There a good tranlation tool that's free to use on the net.<br>Click <a href="http://www.FreeTranslation.com/">Free Translation</A><br>Also, you might want to look at the the links page and go to<br>the MB Enthusiasts Page. Go to <a href="http://www.mbnz.org/links/links.htm">Links Page</a><p>Good luck and welcome to the board.<p>Frank<br>: I just bought an '85 500 SL. This is my first<br>MB. Being an ex-engineer, I have a lot of questions.<br>There are a lot of buttons, wheels, etc. that I've not<br>got a clue about regarding operation. For instance,<br>there's a stalk that appears to be the cruise control<br>but all the words are in German so I haven't been able<br>to figure out how it operates. I've not found a source<br>of owners manuals for the Euro versions. Will a 1985<br>380 SL owners manual help me or are the Euro vehicles<br>a lot different?<p>I've also got a lot of questions about maintanence as<br>well as operation. Which Web sources are particularly<br>useful?<p>Thanks!<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: I have an original German owners manual for an '84 500 SL, as well as the English version for the 380SL for both '84 and '85. Contact by email if I can make copies for you. The cruise is fairly simple: lift or depress to engage. Push or pull to disengage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts