Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me. I just swaped engines on a 1985 500 sel. That had been stored for 4 years. The motor will turn over and fire when ether is put to it. I am not sure if any fuel is getting to the fuel distributor.
Could that be a fuel pump issue or is there a connection between the alarm system and a fuel cutoff for this model. Please help.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Jumper the fuel pump relay - my car it's the two pins closest to the fender. You will get a spark and you will hear fuel course thru the lines. At the back of the car you will hear the pump run. It should now run with fuel. Can't say about the alarm mine has none.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Abtl 502 ,

Welcome to this forum. If you fill out your complete profile, members may be able to help you better.
Please use the search this forum option. The forum contains a wealth of info.
Everything is explained in the "welcome to the forum" sticky.

gr J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Profile UPdate

Thank you for reminding me to update my profile. It does help to know a little information on whom you are talking with. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, I will do that this afternoon and send my results to you. Thank you in your quick reply to help a fellow Mercedes Enthusiasts out.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Thank you for reminding me to update my profile. It does help to know a little information on whom you are talking with. Thank you
Or, members in your area might be able to recommend a mechanic, or shop, or a parts source etc. if needed.

Is this your old fuel distributor on another engine? The DIY has a thread on adjusting the air air / fuel mixture. Does the throttle plate closes properly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts