Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '85 300DT with 212K miles and I get a shudder that feels like it's in the driveline between 35MPH and 40 MPH. I dont think it's the automatic transmission because it does this in 3rd or 4th gears. Any one out there have any similar experiences or ideas? [?][?]

·
Registered
200D, 300TD, 230GE
259 Posts
I have an '85 300DT with 212K miles and I get a shudder that feels like it's in the driveline between 35MPH and 40 MPH. I dont think it's the automatic transmission because it does this in 3rd or 4th gears. Any one out there have any similar experiences or ideas? [?][?]
First place I'd look is at the rubber couplings in the drive shaft!

Bruce

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
Also take a look at the "fly-wheel damper" at the drive shaft where it´s connected to the ...

Also take a look at the "fly-wheel damper" at the drive shaft where it´s connected to the gearbox. The rubber in it maybe is about to give up.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll give it a try. I had a felling that it might have something to do with the d...

Thanks I'll give it a try. I had a felling that it might have something to do with the driveshaft. I'd like to ad that there is no vibration on hard acceleration.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Also take a look at the

Also take a look at the "fly-wheel damper" at the drive shaft where it´s connected to the gearbox. The rubber in it maybe is about to give up.
Thanks I'll give that a look also.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: 85 300 DT shudder in driveline between 35 and 40 mph

First place I'd look is at the rubber couplings in the drive shaft!

Bruce
I appreciate the suggestion I'll try to have a follow up in a week or two.

·
Premium Member
2003 CL600
471 Posts
any success?

Wondering if you ever tracked down the source of this problem. I'm also getting a slight shudder in 3rd at about the same speeds but usually under firm acceleration. I'm thinking transmission mount. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
holthoff said:
Wondering if you ever tracked down the source of this problem. I'm also getting a slight shudder in 3rd at about the same speeds but usually under firm acceleration. I'm thinking transmission mount. Any other ideas?
check center shaft bearing.

·
Registered
1985 300TD Wagon
408 Posts
Anders E said:

I've seen a lot but never what you discribe, there's no rubber near the darn thing, even not in your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts