Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my ignition tumbler a few weeks ago. I started the car several times since then and the tumbler is nice and tight now. Recently I needed to move the car to another part of the driveway. When I unlocked the driver side door, the alarm had gone off but the battery (new) had gone low for some reason and it wouldn't start. So i pulled the battery and charged it in the shed. Meanwhile I bid on a rebuilt ICU to see if it would calm my idle down. I won the auction ($32.00 WHOO HOO) shipped to my door this past Wednesday. Last night, I wanted to install the ICU, so I took the fully charged battery and went to install it and the moment the pos terminal was connected, the alarm went off. I replaced the ICU and I started the car and the alarm was still going. After the alarm turned off and my car still running, I went to open the door and the alarm went on again. I sat in the car and hit the door locks and it turned off. I hit the brake pedal to move the shifter into reverse and the alarm went on again. It seem like any draw on the electrical system is setting the alarm off. Did I do something wrong and is there a way to reset the alarm?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I replaced my ignition tumbler a few weeks ago. I started the car several times since then and the tumbler is nice and tight now. Recently I needed to move the car to another part of the driveway. When I unlocked the driver side door, the alarm had gone off but the battery (new) had gone low for some reason and it wouldn't start. So i pulled the battery and charged it in the shed. Meanwhile I bid on a rebuilt ICU to see if it would calm my idle down. I won the auction ($32.00 WHOO HOO) shipped to my door this past Wednesday. Last night, I wanted to install the ICU, so I took the fully charged battery and went to install it and the moment the pos terminal was connected, the alarm went off. I replaced the ICU and I started the car and the alarm was still going. After the alarm turned off and my car still running, I went to open the door and the alarm went on again. I sat in the car and hit the door locks and it turned off. I hit the brake pedal to move the shifter into reverse and the alarm went on again. It seem like any draw on the electrical system is setting the alarm off. Did I do something wrong and is there a way to reset the alarm?
Happened to me a few years ago-- I believe the control unit goes bad with age, or whatnot. Unplug it under the passenger footwell under both carpets, should be made by Becker.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody know if I unplug this for awhile and then plug it back, if the alarm would reset itself? I am trying to keep this car original and don't want to do the after market alarm system route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts