Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300SD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a 1984 300SD urbo diesel... it had been sitting for years... new battery and boom running like a top.... everything was working great... until i left a friend in the car unattended for too long! went in the store and all was good. came back and now i dont have windshield wipers ... i also have lost power to all four windows... front two are down... thank god for garages! can anyone find a diagram for my fuse box? i cant find it anywhere online! any help or info will be greatly appreciated!
Jaime

·
Registered
83' 300d
343 Posts
Isn't the diagram for the fuse box on the back of the fuse panel? If not, you could simply open up the fuse box and figure out which fuse is popped, then replace it with one of equivalent amp rating/color.

·
Registered
300k miles..
250 Posts
Had a similar prob. Was working on re-routing some wires (prob hadn't been moved in 24yrs+)around the fusebox brake booster area cos I could hardly get the fusebox cover out the way it was.. way to tight & in fact the cover was damaged on one corner prob from forcing the cover in & out. Disconnected some of those wires, cleaned out the connectors & pins & plugged them back in.

Next thing you know & not right way, I'm driving along & the windows go down but not up. Lost the tach & turn signals & a few other things ..forget now.

Figured right away that mighta had to do with the wires I was fiddlin with under the hood but first thing I did was look at the fuses & was not happy to see that they all appeared to be intact.

Figured I should also rotate 'em 1 by 1 .. longshot but maybe the connections were corroded/dirty & did have a combo of alum & copper fuses which I understand, copper is the way to go & the alum ones are problematic (dissimilar metal).

Did the top row & was looking for action from the turnsignals which I could see whilst spinning/massaging the fuses & zip.

Went from left to right on the top row & then started right to left on the bottom.

BINGO, got some action from the 3rd fuse from the right, bottom row & that was the whole problem.

Cleaned out the whole fusebox area & connectors after that & lubed it.

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
Check the under side of the fuse cover, there should be a list.

EDIT: You may want to list further questions on the 126 forum, seeing as how that's the chassis you own.

·
Registered
1984 300SD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

gottarollwithit--- i am guessing that there once was a fuse diagram inside the cover ... guessing it was paper nothing printed into the plastic... somehow in 24 years it disappeared... amazing huh?

300td85---hard to tell if some of the fuses were good or not... had a lot of trouble with using a test light... soetimes it lit sometimes not... so i did the only logical thing a girl could do... i replaced all of the fuses... i eliminated the aluminum fuses and used all copper...

rmac58--- thanks will post there... new to this site!

Thanks so much you guys !
Jaime

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
gottarollwithit--- i am guessing that there once was a fuse diagram inside the cover ... guessing it was paper nothing printed into the plastic... somehow in 24 years it disappeared... amazing huh?

300td85---hard to tell if some of the fuses were good or not... had a lot of trouble with using a test light... soetimes it lit sometimes not... so i did the only logical thing a girl could do... i replaced all of the fuses... i eliminated the aluminum fuses and used all copper...

rmac58--- thanks will post there... new to this site!

Thanks so much you guys !
Jaime
Well replacing them all is the Smart thing to do... So SMART GIRL!

I will get you a replacement Legend this week from the JY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts