Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some background: bought the car a month and a half ago and all the acc buttons worked on the dash but only blew cold air which i wasnt too worried about i figured it would be a simple fix. today i went to hit the economy button and NOTHING. I hear what sounds to be a fan trying to get going but it goes on and off. Ive researched my problem a bit... thought i had it figured out with a faulty servo... then saw that the bypass kit was only for up to an 80, and went to look at my engine to double check and i dont see a servo... Could this be a vacuum problem? or is the servo in a different location? ... and last but not least is this going to be an expensive fix? the worst part for me is this is now my daily driver, its starting to get real cold, and i have a 5 week old baby that pretty much comes everywhere with me and i cant have him in there when its 20 degrees with no heat. HELP ME OUT GURUS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update... defrost kicked on thos morning but died off shortly after.. everything ive seen on thisbsite seems to say that the defroster should work... anything anybody? I dont want to take it to a shop to get it diagnosed if i dont need to

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Your car does not have the servo unit, good.

The usual culprit is a failing ACC unit itself. Over time the solder points work themselves loose and don't make contact, essentially not getting the message through to turn the heat on.

Search for cold solder/s. Remove the unit, take off the bottom cover and inspect.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
A timely post. I picked up my new-to-me 350SD today, and only had "warmed" (not hot) air when I hit the recirc switch. Guess I'll research the thread, as I don't want to buy another switch unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts