Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '84 300D about a week ago. i pulled the carpets to clean them. While they were out, we received a few days of rain. I went out this morning to take a look at my new pride and joy only to find about 1.5' of water sitting in the RIGHT REAR floor pan. All the other pans were DRY. The car does have a sunroof closer problem, as well as a worn seal around the sunroof, but I placed a 4ft x 3ft piece of strand board over the sunroof BEFORE the rain came. <br>
<br>
Note: I DID read the previous posts about the other guys similar leak problem and the possible cause being leaks through the firewall due to plugged drains. The water here is in the rear, that's why I'm reposting this topic.<p>kew1-ch50.geneseo.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sad to say me too.<br> on the one year aniv. of owning my 300d it has just finished raining and the right rear floor is drenched (behind driver (aust)).<br> this is the first problem i have had with leakage that i dont know where it has come from.<br> <br> it was parked outside, havnt been driving it.<br> <br> where could it have come from.<br> <br> i love my car. my old 300d had leaks all over the place didnt bother me, but this one i intend to look after.<br> <br> louis<p>netcache-c760.nsw-remote.bigpond.net.au

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do any of these cars have a roof rack? I have a 280TE with similar problems and am wondering if it may be the roof rack leaking<p>sgtpepper-qe0.sfwmd.gov

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine had a roof rack when we bought it a year ago we had it on for about 4 months the took them off.<br> <br> <p>netcache-c760.nsw-remote.bigpond.net.au

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys, Here is my answer. I have an '82 300TDT. And guess what, the same problem. After 2 months of near pulling out my hair I finally found the problem. The gasket around the windshield leaks. I pulled the floor mats out of the passenger side (front & back) right after a heavy rain & I noticed that there is a channel towards the outside edge of the car that is covered w/ plastic trim. The channel houses electrical wires, vacume lines & such. This channel was doing just that, it was leading the water collecting under the front floor mat to the rear floor mat. The top of the front mat wasn't wet, but I picked it up & water started pouring out of it. I have since sealed the windshield gasket & haven't had anymore problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.