Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
tommorrow i will be taking off my valve cover and checking my clearances on my 84 190e, anyways i would like to know if that particular car has tappets or just the regular rocket arm plus i want to block sand my valve cover is there anything i should look out for it says in haynes manual the intake clearance is .15mm on intake cold and .30mm on exhaust cold.. now if i am reading it correctly you need to crank engine clockwise until the valves are pointing down??and check for the clearances... okay got that but when it comes to it being off it says loosen locknut turn adjustment screw until corect clearance is obtained .. where is the locknut screw in cmparison to the adjustment screw??? also is there anyhing else to look for while i have the cover off ??? any hints etc would be helpful....
thanks

·
Registered
1993 190e-2.3
765 Posts
The locknut and adjustment screw will make sense once the cover is off and your ready to adjust your first valve. Turning the engine over and lining up the cam will be the biggest pain. Its nice to have a complete set of feeler gauges so you can determine what the clearence actually is before you make (or not make) an adjustment. Advise...Cleanliness is important when you open up the motor. Take your time and Think before you adjust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts