injectors
idle control valve
fuel pressure regulator
airflow sesor
distributor
oxygen sensor
and it seems that it is still stalling and sometimes lacks power and backfires
could be the timing although i just fired yesterday in 6 months

where are the timing marks i look at the crankshaft and i can see the pointer . am i supposed to line that pointer up directly on crank mark or should it be a little off

·
190E, SLK350
66,969 Posts
Did you do a fuel pressure test? The backfiring is an indication of a lean mixture.

·
190E, SLK350
66,969 Posts
Did I mention somewhere else that 190Es stall as a normal operating condition?

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok today i redid my fuel filter and also fuel accumulator, but the weirdest thing happened i started it up it was running checked for leaks of course there was one on inlet side of fuel filter, ok so i turned off the car tightened sown and checked for leaks tried to start it up again nothing.. how and it is a new fiter how can i visually inspect if the pump is shot??? or am i better off just popping in a new pump??? since i have the cover off

·
Registered
84 190e 2.3 soon to be LS1 powered
95 Posts
ok today i redid my fuel filter and also fuel accumulator, but the weirdest thing happened i started it up it was running checked for leaks of course there was one on inlet side of fuel filter, ok so i turned off the car tightened sown and checked for leaks tried to start it up again nothing.. how and it is a new fiter how can i visually inspect if the pump is shot??? or am i better off just popping in a new pump??? since i have the cover off
Why did you change the accumulator?? and are these parts new?

Check the direction of the flow, there is also a check valve in the end of the fuel pump, might want to remove that and clean it, or replace it

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no these parts are not new, i checked the fuel pump i couldnt hear it kick on from the bottom of the car, so i am suspecting it is the pump, the filter can only go on one way due to the banjo fitting on one end

·
Registered
84 190e 2.3 soon to be LS1 powered
95 Posts
no these parts are not new, i checked the fuel pump i couldnt hear it kick on from the bottom of the car, so i am suspecting it is the pump, the filter can only go on one way due to the banjo fitting on one end
Replace the fuel filter, with the pump, cheap insurance. also make sure the relay is in working order, buy making sure the pump has 12v going to it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the advice, i was also tinkering around trying to find the crankcase sensor because when i was timing my car it didnt seem to time properly so i took off the bolts on the sensor on the crankshaft towrds thr right, about 1 oclock on the crankshaft and i pulled it and it literally cracked in half..so after trying to ream the old part out i decided to buy a new one hope it will take care of the stalling issue i usually get my parts on ebay swap them out and if i dont see a significant improvement relist them so im not getting nickel and dime to death , anmd sometimes make a few bucks

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does the car have to be cranked to check the 12v or can it just be on the on position

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i still like my 560 sel better though or my 320e

·
Registered
3 Posts
An aging 190E can be a temperamental bitch at times, for sure. I've had my 93 190E 2.3 8V for a little over 4 years. I love the car, but there are problem areas with these cars. I just got through replacing all the rubber hoses associated with the idle air circuit - you should check these out on yours if you didn't replace them when you replaced the IACV. The old lines on mine were hard as a rock and cracked when I took them off to clean my IACV. I was surprised how many little air leaks there were, and my idle is rock steady at 750rpm now.

I swap back and forth between driving the 190E and my 83 300D. I like the 190E the most when things are right with it, but the 300D is the best backup car a person could want - mine is relatively low mileage (under 200K) and will start with a single cycle of the glow plugs on even the coldest Memphis, TN day.

·
190E, SLK350
66,969 Posts
The 560 SEL is in a class of its own. Not even newer cars should be compared to it or that would be unfair to them.:D
Of all the cars I had (including Porsche, Ferrari... oh and a 600SEL) I can say without hesitation that 560SEL is the best in many ways that I can't even begin to list them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts