Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a nice enough day to get working on the car.

I pulled the drivers side door panel--power gets to the connection, but the window motor doesn't work. Have one ordered on Ebay already.

Pulled the Driver's seat. Weak springs on outside edge. I'm going to see what it will take to fix it. There is a hole and some splitting on the upper part of the seat. Might have an upholstery shop repair it--as a bonus, I found about $3 in change.

The Sunroof still doesn't work--you can hear the motor working in both directions, though. I can manually crank it open and closed if need be at the motor. How can I get access to the cable? I have the track dripping grease right now.

The Front Left (Driver's side) had an accident at one point. Looks like a fairly good repair, however, the main issue is that the "Cup" that the Headlight "Bulb" sits in is missing on that side--the headlight and chrome rim that keeps it stable are free-floating (I turned the headlights on to be sure they worked and the drivers side light did a pretty good job illuminating the neighbors roof... Is there a way to just get the "Cup" out of a headlight assembly, or are there cheap ones available from somewhere?

The Hood Release Cable is loose in the engine compartment--when I pull the hood release inside the car, the whole cable moves, not just the wire inside. I figure I'm going to have to attach it to the sidewall of the engine compartment to keep it from slipping. Any recommendations on how to do this? (From the course of the cable, it was probably caught in the same accident that got the headlight).

The Panel plastic around the Antenna/Defrost/Sunroof switches is broken. Push on the switches, and they just drop inside the panel. Are there sources for any of these plastic pieces?

And, finally, the Power antenna doesn't work. I'm likely to just put a non-power antenna in. Do I need an adaptor for a US made antenna to connect the antenna cable?

Thanks for any help.

Looking forward to getting all the small stuff worked out.

AFARR

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3 (Sold)
210 Posts
For the sunroof, remove the headliner and inspect the cable and lube the sunroof rails if you need to.

You might need a new hood release cable. It might of got stretched or something.

For the center air vent frame that contains the switches, you can buy them brand new for about $50 at importecparts.com, or you could try a junkyard.

For the antenna, you can buy various antennas/parts at installer.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok--thanks for the info. How do I take the headliner down? Just the liner on the sunroof, or the whole interior liner?

Have already decided on the console trim--if I cannot get the sunroof working, I'm going to disconnect the antenna and sunroof switches, and just put the rear defroster in. Just glue the trim from behind and go from there.

The cable is probably not the hood problem--it was replaced not too long ago. I think just attaching it to the sidewall of the car will work to keep the whole cable from moving.

Thanks!!

AFARR

·
Registered
1984 190 E
72 Posts
Ok--thanks for the info. How do I take the headliner down? Just the liner on the sunroof, or the whole interior liner?

Have already decided on the console trim--if I cannot get the sunroof working, I'm going to disconnect the antenna and sunroof switches, and just put the rear defroster in. Just glue the trim from behind and go from there.

The cable is probably not the hood problem--it was replaced not too long ago. I think just attaching it to the sidewall of the car will work to keep the whole cable from moving.

Thanks!!

AFARR
O.K. This is an old post but your sunroof cable might not be the problem The motor in the trunk has a gear inside that most probably the culprit. Mine is busted and needs to be fixed. Haven't done it since it is winter. There is a photo of a broken one somewhere in the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts