Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes 300CD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signal didn't flash so I started looking at the topic on this forum. I tested the emergency flasher switch and found term 30 and 49a open, so I jumpered them and I could use the L & R manually. Turn signal lights L & R came on but didn't flash. I need to order a emergency flasher switch.

I jumped to the relay also being a problem since I could manually flash the turn signal lights by hand. The original relay had terms 31, 49, and 49a, p/n 82109 83 or 72BK03. I ordered a new relay PA8 GF 30 and it has 4 terminals. I plugged it in with the emergency flasher jumper on term 30 and 49a. The lights would come on when I manually operated the turn signal switch on the column, but it didn't flash automatically.

Any thoughts on next steps would be appreciated. This 300CD has 262.000 miles but it is my daily driver and I really like it.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,052 Posts
I had an issue where my turn signals were not working (84 300D) and applying the Hazard/Emergency Flasher would restore them.
I was able to do that several times and it restored my Turn Signals but then the Emergency Flashers stopped working.
I replaced the Flasher Switch (with a quality one made by Hella) with a new one and everything worked fine.
That is my story.
However, there is the flasher unit itself that can fail (square plastic box left forward on the counsel) and the flasher unit needs to have all of the turn signal bulbs working as the bulbs create a resistance that allows the flasher to work.
While someone works the turn signals look and see what is going on with the Bulbs.
It can't hurt to pull what ever Fuses are involved with the turn signals and emergency flashers and pull them and clean the ends.

I think what killed my Hazard Switch is my Wife dumping here Purse on top of the counsel when she drives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts