Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300TD, 420 SEL, 560
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car 11 years and think the load leveling has never worked. The rear is very low. The lever on the sway bar is tight and adjusted properly. Right rear shock leaks and it appears that the control valve does not work. The car is not worth putting another $1000 in shocks and valve. Does anyone know of any aftermarket springs/shocks to replace the load leveler? newmercedesparts.com lists a KYB Gas-A-Just, but I think it might be a mistake, since KYB does not list a shock for a 300TD on thier website.

·
Registered
300TD-T
18 Posts
300TD-T rear shocks

I just had some "fun" with my rear suspension so this info may help you. I had rattles, leaks, etc.. and fixed that by replacing the shock units with used units from activeforeignauto.com for about $150 the pair. Then i had a very bouncy ride still so i had to replace both accumulator units with new ones(don't mess with used ones here) for about $86 each from GAPA. The old girl rides great now and stays level no matter what i put in the back. I think i found the cheapest fix here and of course did the work myself. Hope this helps you out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.