Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, this is my first visit to this site, i was wondering if someone could help me out. i am very mechanically inclined, however all of my mechanical expertiese has to do with honda motors (dont laugh, you can make em pretty quick).<br> anyway, i need to replace the fuel injectors in my mothers 380SL, could someone please help me out with what parts i need and what to look out for in the installation process? also, if any of you know of a good manual or website detailing this process i would appreciate it.<br> thanks in advance<br> Shane

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Order the injectors, sleeves and new O-rings from a good internet provider. You can save half the expense of dealer cost. Process of installing is simple. You remove the rubber manifold on each side of the manifold, remove the injector lines (never mind remembering which line to which injector, they all squirt simultaneously), pull out each injector and sleeve and replace. Don't forget new O-rings on the sleeves. It really is simple. You may want to get a good air compressor to blow all debris away before removing the old injectors. Contact me if you have anymore questions, [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much for your information, that's exactly what i needed. do you by any chance know of any 'good internet providers' of MB parts?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shane,<br> <br> You can get injectors, injector nozzle tip seals, sleeves, and O-Rings (when you order parts, I think O-Rings come together with sleeves, I replaced mine few months ago).<br> <br> List of part #'s:<br> <br> Injector: 000-078-56-23<br> Injector holder: 117-070-04-55<br> Injector nozzle tip seal: 116-070-00-77<br> <br> Remove the rubber hoses (called idle air distribution lines) sitting along the valve cover, one on each side, they are black in color. It is good time to replace them too since they sit in heat source years, so they become hardened. If you brake these, there is no way you can get your idle speed. It happened to me once! The part number is: 116-094-09-82 (around $8.00/hose)<br> Use 14mm open wrench to unscrew the connection from the fuel line to the injector then slightly lift the fuel line up to clear way for the injector. Pull the injector up, it will come up with or without the holder. If the nozzle holder doesn't come up, use a pair of pliers to pull it up, make sure that the green O-Ring comes out too.<br> Up to here, I think you know how install the new injectors. You had better replace one by one. The parts, you can get at www.thebenzbin.com. If you order over $50.00, you will get free shipping via UPS.<br> <br> Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
000 078 5823, Fuel Injector $26.23 X 8<br>
117 070 0455, Fuel Injector Seal $2.00 X 8<br>
116 070 0077, Fuel Injector Seal $ .90 X 8<br>
<br>
ZYGMUNT MOTORS<br>
215 348 3121<br>
<br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts