Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the proverbial question about the nightmare of finding a leak in the vacuum lines. SO I've probably isolated it too the locking system, as the car won't shut off unless all the locks are down, or if I just plug the yellow hose going to the key switch and yellow/black stripe hose going to the vacuum reservoir (from behind the firewall). Point blank I don't need electric locks right now for all the hassle. SO my question is will plugging these two hoses have any potential damage to the tranny or power brakes?
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,162 Posts
I know this is the proverbial question about the nightmare of finding a leak in the vacuum lines. SO I've probably isolated it too the locking system, as the car won't shut off unless all the locks are down, or if I just plug the yellow hose going to the key switch and yellow/black stripe hose going to the vacuum reservoir (from behind the firewall). Point blank I don't need electric locks right now for all the hassle. SO my question is will plugging these two hoses have any potential damage to the tranny or power brakes?
Any help appreciated
Key switch (ignition) vacuum line is brown.

The yellow lines go to the master switch in the driver's door (solid yellow), and to the reservoir (grey stripe).
You would do no damage to any system if you were to cap those under the hood, but removing door panels and testing lock actuators is not that hard.

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo Diesel (I call her my "Hooptie")
41 Posts
Should the key switch line hold a vacuum if I test it with a hand pump while the car is off?

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
The key switch should hold a vacuum with the key in the "run" position. In the "off" position, the switch directs vacuum to the engine stop diaphragm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts