Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 240 in near-perfect condition. After reading the owner's manual and looking the car over briefly last night, I noticed that no interior lights engage when opening the car. Are the lights I'm looking for (roof-mounted courtesy lamp, ignition switch, etc.) those specified as 'pre-glow' in the owner's manual? If so, does anyone have any idea which resources I can use to go about repairing this (hopefully) minor glitch? Also, the power antenna doesn't seem to be working. I haven't tried the sunroof yet (afraid to open it, in case it doesn't close); will try it later today.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On my '81 240 D the interior light is by the rear-view mirror and their is a switch (that is black)on the light. It has 3 positions: one so that light comes on when a door is open, one so the light is off, and one so that the light stays on regardless of the car doors being open.<br> My brother's antenna wouldn't go up or down and rather than replace the antenna motor (that is located in the trunk-under the antenna) he had his mechanic put the antenna in the up position and disconnect the antenna. I think it is a simply job to replace the antenna motor.<br> The only 'glow light' I know of is the glow plug indicator light by the ingnition switch that lights up yellow when you turn your ignition key to the first position when turning on your car. I guess you know to wait until that yellow light goes out before turning on the car. <br> My 240 D has 200,000 miles and I love it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kay, for the reply. I did place the switch in the center position (for the cabin light), but it doesn't work, regardless. There may be some blown fuses involved. My dad and I did discover some sort of battery drain going on- we have no idea what- as the battery is new, and after the car sat for a few days, it would not start. Something ain't right! For starters, we are simply trying to figure out how to adjust the valves properly, and change the fluids, etc., before moving on to the secondary items like interior lights and accessory motors. We have received conflicting information on what degrees to adjust the valves to, and it looks like we might have to bite the bullet and purchase one of those pricey CD manuals, afterall (I plan to do that sooner or later, anyway).<br> Wish me luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.