Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUEL FUEL FUEL FING FUEL. 81.85 a tank. I'm fill like two tanks a week. I HATE IT! 81.85 use to be huge when i was a little kid; and it still is huge. that one week on gas can go to so many different things, credit cards, insurance, car payment, RENT! hell school, books, new lap top, my cell phone that i hold together with my fingers to connect the speaker because somehow it is no longer connected to the wire. sorry just wanted to rant :crybaby2:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im in jersey so i know mines probably cheaper then yours, but the price of a gallon ranges from... 4.35-4.57/gallon at the moment. they got us and the truckers by the balls; and they know it!

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300DT; 1980 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
780 Posts
Its almost $100 to fill up here, $4.89, and from what I've heard, its over $5.00 in Malibu, its not like they can't afford it though :)

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Here in N. Florida diesel is about 3.99-4.15

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good old florida, orlando is my home town. I'm going to visit my family and break the news of me joining the airforce. I'm drivng down this ford focus for my mom. should be a good gas milage and a/c filled drive. and cheaper the diesel. its a ford though, i hope it doesnt break down.

·
Registered
1978 280ce euro found dead on Ebay
1,805 Posts
Even with the euro I have been able to cut my cost buy adding warren octane booster available at the dollar store for a buck. Regular is 3.61 and 93 is 3.99 that's 38cents more a gallon. so for 20 gallons 93 cost 7.20 more. so I save $6.20 every tankfull. It's been work no pinging but the summer will be the test.

·
Registered
1983 300D(T)
41 Posts
It was inevitable and will get worse. I burn homemade biodiesel in the warmer months here in South Dakota for $1/gallon but in the end, that's not the answer either. I really love these diesel cars and wish they were the solution to the big problem but in the end, I'm afraid we're all obsolete. In another 10 years when fuel is $10 or more per gallon, this will be an 'electric car' forum....and maybe that's the way it should evolve.

What will my kids use for fuel?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts