Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'81 380SL : Why am I blowing fuses?<br>
I am blowing the #12 position 8 amp fuse alot lately ... it seems to be knocking out both power windows and the illumination of the radio. This happens after one or both windows is adjusted to the max position. My car must be a euro model - the fuse chart inside the cover is in German. I installed a 16 amp fuse on my way to a hot date tonite ... had to have the top down and the windows up! Should I keep it in?<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance for the help, John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI: I stopped at an independant Mercedes mechanic for a glove box torpedo light bulb and told him about my fuse problem. He said that an 8 amp fuse is not enough. 'As they get older the power window mechanism gets a little dry and the motor heats up a bit as it tries to push the glass.' He said I did the exact thing he recommends - put in a 16 amp fuse in place of the 8 and spray some lube in the door to help the mechanism a bit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello John<br> I hope that this site help you to solve some questions about blowing fuses !<br> <br> Regards<br> <br> Marcos WC

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need a fuse diagram for the MB 560 SL

Does anyone know where I can get a layout or diagram of the fuses on the MB 560 SL, year 1986?<br> <br> I'm having trouble figuring out which fuse controls the radio, which is out.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> /Tom Goff sends ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts