Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 81 slc for fair price. The interior is in bad shape. Body is very nice and so is the paint. It runs good but there is a problem with car kind of floating and the steering is slow. Is it worth to spend $1200 to restore the interior. I dont know how long I be keeping this car. Are they relaiable ? It has 155k and still runs great. I looked around and it seemes that the 380 slc dont sell to well. Other than the sigle row timing belt is there anything else I should watch out for ? tnx for the help

·
Registered
86 420 sel,
162 Posts
glad youn got a good price, for starters if you allready are thinking of selling, then do not put any money in the car. just sell it now so the person that wants to restor it can do so. most of the time you will not get your money back. so what i tell my clients are that they need to be sure that they want the car. i have a 560 sl, and we have put 30k into it over the last 3 years. i am willing to do so just because i am keeping the car. the biggest question i am ask my clients is: is it worth it to you. and with that i wish you all well in your dissision making.

ps
i think it is a cool car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be $1200 to redo the interior in vinal. It would cover front and rear seat and door panels. I have decided to do only the rear seat as it is in ver bad shape. For the front I will just get covers.

I bought the car for $1400. I did a tune up and it runs very good, pulls strong and the transmission shifts smooothly. One problem that I have not addresed yet is the steering. There is a lot of play and it has slow response. What could be the cause?

here are a few bad pics
http://www3.freepichosting.com/login

1 - 3 of 3 Posts