Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everyone,

As an attempt to figure out some automatic climate control bugs, I was replacing some worn out rubber vacuum lines on my 300D today and I found a black plastic vacuum line that goes into the cab and underneath the dashboard, but wasn't connected to anything inside! I went crazy searching for where this line connects, but unfortunately I couldn't figure it out. Its a pretty big vacuum leak, so for right now I plugged the line (and I noticed my transmission shifts a lot smoother as a result). I have the MB service manual CDs but I was unable to find a suitable vacuum diagram. Can someone help me out here? If it matters any, my car is a California-market car. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Vacuum line.

Does your car have headlight height adjusters near the headlight switch?

If so this is vacuum operated and could be the location for your disconnetcted vacuum pipe.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Vacuum line.

Does your car have headlight height adjusters near the headlight switch?

If so this is vacuum operated and could be the location for your disconnetcted vacuum pipe.
Hey thanks for the suggestion - but unfortunately my car does not have those nifty headlight height adjusters (or the e-code lights for that matter). If you could think of something else, I'd greatly appreciate it though! :)

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again,

Well I spent the weekend as a 'routine maintenance' day for my 300D - did a v...

Hi again,

Well I spent the weekend as a 'routine maintenance' day for my 300D - did a valve adjustment, "diesel purge", and fuel filter replacement. Seeing how I was already working on the car, I couldn't help but tear the dash apart again to see if I could find where the black vacuum line from the engine compartment plugged into. Unfortunately I still have not figured it out, and my stupid Mercedes CD is nearly useless for stuff like this. A simple vacuum diagram, not too unlike the electrical diagrams would have been nice to include on this overpriced CD. I'm about to give up on this vacuum line and just completely remove it from my car. Hehe, if anyone else has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.