Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jet Performance has a computer upgrade for $400 that promises 16-18 hp increase. My computer only controls mixture. I find this hard to believe. Does anyone have any experience? <br> <br> Performance products has a Jacob spark enhancement for $200 that promises a higher spark energy. What does that mean for performance? Any experience? <br> <br> For 1980, are there any smog control mods. that would be helpfull. This is a California car.<br> <br> I am considering the K&N Filter and Kenlowe fan.<br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Jeff,<br> <br> Hope your idle now runs ok. Re Directhits capacitors (http://www.directhits.com)(speak to Lou Camilli) see this thread for comments: <br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rasputin,<br> <br> My car is running very smooth now. <br> <br> I just talked to Lou at direct hits. He was very helpfull. $259 for the wires, plugs, and caps. I probably should change my cap and rotor as well. They have 56K miles on them. Do you know any good sources for quality parts at good prices?<br> <br> Also, I have not heard anything back from Kenlowe on an electric fan replacement. I sent them an eMail with all my informaion and RFQ over a week ago. Do you know what's happening with them?<br> <br> You mentioned when we were debugging my rough engine that my car may have some opportunities for performance improvement by rerouting some vacuum lines to match the original intent rather than the California reroute. Can you explain?<br> <br> Any knowledge on these computer chip upgrades?<br> <br> -Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts