Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. i'm installing new sound on my 1993 W201. I don't want no subs in the trunk so i was thinking on getting between 2 and 4 8's or 16.5's woofers working in a box ( vented, bassreflex ) ... that is designed to fit on the back shelft, just under the First Aids kit. The first aids kit will be removed.<br> <br> What do you think? i don't want to earth quaking bass. Just a good bass.<br> <br> in front i have 3 way speakers with extra 16.5 woofer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 8

So it'd be mounted under the rear shelf basically in the trunk? I don't know how that'd work. I know of people that hide a sub in the first aid kit. Take the tray out and mount your own box in the and put the sub in there, that'd work really good as it fires right into the cabin. You could even angle it to fire up front a little too. These cars aren't very stereo friendly. Too bad they didn't care about sound back then! The new benzes have some KILLER sound systems stock if you get the nice ones.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 8

You can install two 8' subs under the deck using subs designed for gree-air use. One in particular is the JLAudio 8IB4s, hard to find but well worth it. These subs have been used in winning car competitions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts