Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 C230 kompressor S.C. SPORT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okkk so i just got my 99 c230 komp. and i went to run the codes today and there were 8 of them!!! hopefully some not too bad but im really hoping theres nothing super serious and here they all are.

p1420-air pump switchover valve
p0446-generic evap emission control system vent circuit malf.
p0443-generic evap emmison control system purge valve C fault
p1525-right adjustable camshaft timing solenoid (y49/2)
p1235-air flap recirculated signal output stage fault
p1236-a/c compressor output stage, magnetic combination incorrect
p0135&p0141- 02 sensor heater circuit malf. bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2

soooo now what im wondering is which of these codes are actually something to worry about and which ones are not quite as important to fix right away. any suggestions on any of these or any fixes would be great. are the last 2 codes just meaning that those 2 02 sensors need to be replaced? i really hope a few of you guys/gals can help me out a little here so im not freaking out too much about whast going on. thanks in advance:bowdown:

·
Registered
German Stuff
80 Posts
First off, clear all the codes, drive around for a hundred miles or so of varied driving types, and pull the codes again to see if they're all persistent or if some of them are old stored codes.

·
Registered
1995 C280 (165K mi)
1,595 Posts
First off, clear all the codes, drive around for a hundred miles or so of varied driving types, and pull the codes again to see if they're all persistent or if some of them are old stored codes.
Great idea. And if the codes come back return it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok that is a good idea i will do that today, and what do u mean return it? lol like the actual car? i cant do that seeing how i traded for a mustang. and trust me i def made out better on the deal lol

·
Registered
1995 C280 (165K mi)
1,595 Posts
i was just kidding.:) did you know there may be problems with the car when you traded for it? if the guy said everything was fine and immediately after you got it there are all these fault codes you should demand that they fix it or at the least kick him in the balls. you don't want a lemon.

and nothing is more expensive than a faulty MB.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha na he didnt say it was perfect and trustttt me the mustang i gave him is a lot less costly for parts but there was much much more wrong with it that he doesnt know about...yet lol. im just hoping nothing wrong is super major. the car drives around perfectly butttt ive never driven one before so im not sure how the power is supposed to feel. and im not really sure if i can tell if the charger is kicking on or not. there a test for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts