Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 model w210 e55 amg
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys! i am currently looking at a 98model e55amg with 79thou kms on it. what should i looked for to know if the car is in perfect condition? should i buy this car? is 79thou kms for 98 model car too high for mileage? thanks!

·
Registered
E55 210 sequential gearbox 2000
34 Posts
hi guys! i am currently looking at a 98model e55amg with 79thou kms on it. what should i looked for to know if the car is in perfect condition? should i buy this car? is 79thou kms for 98 model car too high for mileage? thanks!
78 K kms is not much for a 78 car which can be good or bad, depending if the car has been used for short trips or mainly long ones. The first thing I would insist on to have the car diagnosed with the right diadnostic equipment, all MB dealers/repairers have them and also some independent mechanics. This check will go through the cars computer and test most functions and reports malfunctions.
Then have a good drive , make sure the gearchanges are supersmooth, check the service records and ensure that the car accelerates with a good push from 0 to 100 without stutter or hesitation.
Then a physical check including the doorframes ( under the weatherseal) for rust. (problem area at least in Europe.) You should then be well on your way to make an informed decision, a few dollars spent up front might save you thousands.
Good luck Rainerg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts