Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased as 79 450 SL Vin # 107044129955???. Original alloy wheels on the car. Wanting to dress it up, have an opportunity to purchase a set of five ASA Type 8 wheels and tires in good shape. <br>
<br>
Question is, will they fit without clearance problems and do I need spacers and/or different lug nuts? Also need to replace muffler system and told parts alone excluding 2 manifold pipes which appear to be in good shape but who knows will run $500/$600. Can anyone comment on cheaper way to do job and/or leaving out catalytic? Appreciate advice fron anyone who knows replacement parts that will work. Believe the place I intend to take car to for work has machine that is capable of bending pipe.<br>
<br>
Appreciate all the help I can get ASAP as I need to make a decsion on the wheels immedicate and think I am going to buy them because I also own an 86 SEL on which these wheels came as original equipment........ <br>
<br>
e-mail: '[email protected]'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AOL problems keep cutting me off. Rims are 5 hole/15 X 6.5 chrome. Tires which are flat were 205/65 X 15. Inclined to purchase new but with price mentioned, like every Mercedes owner with limited cash, big expenses and the stock market where it is at, not sure I can go for the new wheels. Believe I will still need to order different chome lug nuts, spacers, etc... from someone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts