Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, the cruise control doesn't work. That's not a problem. But here's the question:
There is a black w/ yellow(possibly grey) stripe vacuum line going to the cruise control from one of the main junctions of the vacuum line coming off the back of the intake manifold. Connections look good. Line not brittle or broken. However, there is a larger, solid black 'line' also going to the cruise control. It ends at the cruise control with a screw type fitting. The other end of this larger black line goes through the firewall and while looking for some other stuff, we discovered that the line is cut. It just hangs under the dash, attached to nothing. Me thinks that is probably not right. I couldn't find any cruise control info on the 107 manual that's on line--hope someone can give me a link so I can see how the cruise control works, what vacuum lines go to it from where, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have several articles on the VDO cruise control system. I scanned them and am unable to get the file size small enough to attach here.

PM me with an email address and I'll send them to you that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have the same vacuum hose that goes through the firewall and ends nowhere.
should this not be connected to a brake pedal switch?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Of course, the cruise control doesn't work. That's not a problem. But here's the question:
There is a black w/ yellow(possibly grey) stripe vacuum line going to the cruise control from one of the main junctions of the vacuum line coming off the back of the intake manifold. Connections look good. Line not brittle or broken. However, there is a larger, solid black 'line' also going to the cruise control. It ends at the cruise control with a screw type fitting. The other end of this larger black line goes through the firewall and while looking for some other stuff, we discovered that the line is cut. It just hangs under the dash, attached to nothing. Me thinks that is probably not right. I couldn't find any cruise control info on the 107 manual that's on line--hope someone can give me a link so I can see how the cruise control works, what vacuum lines go to it from where, etc. Thanks.
I have exactly the same problem. The line just hangs under the dash. Shouldn't that line go to brake switch?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
The Black line is a vent line. The most troublesome part of both the early Vacume cruise control and the later electrical type is the control box mounted under the speedometer and bolted to the pedal assembly. James Brown has been succesful working on these as well as those provided by Programma

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many thanks Rick.
I would like to repair my own if possible although the programma option is a good fallback.
How do I contact James Brown? The net is full of James Brown references - but naturally it is all about the singer (RIP).
Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts