Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, This is my first time posting here because it's the first time I've looked at buying a MB.<br>This car has 120K (I hope it's not really 220K), and has a little rust in usual spots tho a good body overall. My concern arises from not knowing whether I'll be looking at replacing the timing chain (belt), soon or some other "expensive" item. The car runs ok and I drove it so I know that it needs some obvious basics like new braks, tires, emergency flasher unit, rear seat and a good paint job. I just don't know enough about Mercedes to know if the engine and trans will leave me on the side of the road one cold, wet night.<br>The seller assures me it's easily worth more than the $1,600 he's asking because it's a classic already.<br>Bottom line--can anybody tell me what I should be looking for as far as the pitfals of buying this car.<br>Any advice will be greatly appreciated.<br>TIA, TK

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a '79 that I am selling this spring. Things to be concerned about: same question you should ask on all "Have they been repaired or replaced in the car's lifetime?"<p>exhaust - the whole thing<br>climate control<br>driveshaft<br>radiator<br>waterpump (how many)<br>window motors/assemblies<br>idle sensor<p>Thats all I can think of right now. These are all things which will have needed to be replaced on a 76 in my opinion by now.<p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts