Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Range Rover ~ '01 Land Rover ~ '06 Mercedes e350 ~ '76 Mercedes 280C
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it worth? '76 280C ~ 6 cyl coupe. Been off road a long while....repaint in the early 90's... Does run and sound good but fuel system needs attn ~ ran off can. Interior seats out.....was going to redo...needs new cushions and recovered....leather is very brittle. Little rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Though I would love to tell you it's worth big bucks. I dont think it's worth more than a couple of grand. I have been following the prices of these cars because of my 70 250c, so I dont think I am totally off

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
21,905 Posts
Get some small bumpers from the 1973 and earlier cars and put it on the road and enjoy. It is a coupe, and the coupe values will always exceed that of the sedans. Sedans in mimics shape will rarely exceed $5000, and most are worth no more than $1500 being in poor shape. The coupes can be had under $1000, but there are people trying to get up to $25,000 for very rare examples like 5-speed sunroof coupes. Most sell under $10,000 even if they are special IMO. I bought a sunroof 1972 for $500 and sold it for $2000. The interior was near perfect and it looked good and even ran well. It needed work and had rust. I saw the car for sale later asking $4000, and even one site asking $10,000. I would never consider a big bumper version and I don’t like the fixed mirrors on the 1974+ cars. I wish I hadn’t sold the two coupes I had now. Now I know more and have the space and materials to do a manual trans and fuel injection motor swap. Oh well.

If this car runs well...
  • slap the best looking interior you can back in there
  • drop the fuel tank and clean it, as make it run off it’s own tank
Hope you can get $4000+ for the car or enjoy it. Figure you should be able to get $2000 out of it.

Get a set of bundt wheels for about $100-$150 and sell the BBS style wheels separately as they will surely fetch $500+ on their own, maybe $1000.

Edit: if those are Lincoln LSC wheels, I take back what I say about their value, but would be interested in hearing about how they fit despite the wrong PCD.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wobble bolts :) I sold the 15" bundts..... I don't want to sell it, really just curious. I figured $1000 bucks or less so I'll prob just get it going and drive it. Thanks guys ....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, HPP 16" Ford CV/LSC wheels. I had some Mustang Bullet wheels and out one of those on (didn't take a pic) and looked great but I wanted a lace wheel without the BBS expense. Those park bench bumpers I kinda like....call me crazy..... I had a '71 sedan way back when . . . column shift and that big ivory look steering wheel.... I really loved that car... I've had so many it's scary but this old coupe just has a timeless appeal in my eye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts