Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 450 sl
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this car for 2 yrs. The engine creates lots of heat. Engine takes hours to cool off too. Is it because of placement of catalitic converters right off exhaust manifold? Is there some type of heat shield or deflector that can be installed between the engine firewall and the body of the car. I live in TX and on days when temp is above 85 degrees, so much heat is generated around the drivers feet and legs that my legs begin to sweat, i stick to the seats, and the door panel on the drivers side becomes extremely hot to the touch. Even though this happens the temp gage usually reads in the middle zone around 200-220 degrees.
Any one else have this kind of problem? I just know that it was not engineered this way, even in 1975.

·
Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
690 Posts
Heater on?

It sounds to me like the heater may be stuck on, especially when you mentioned the door panel getting hot. The heat to the footwells is also ducted into the doors. I too live in a region that experiences high summer temperatures but I have no problem with heat from the engine coming through the firewall on my 107.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts