Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Silver CLK 430
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I stopped into my local MB Service Center to discuss an upcoming 120K serivce check and the owner told me that the 120K service is a "BIG" one. He stated it would be in the area of $650 US for the service. Does this sound reasonable for those of you that have hit this milestone and had the service done?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
Man listen to me go to private shop or anybody other than MB they will probably charge you 100 to 150 at the most for a tune up.

and go back to MB and tell him his full of shit.

Peace

·
Registered
133 Posts
That price is about standard for a dealer. They charge alittle more for that service, because they service the transmission. Finding an independent you feel good about is not always easy, but if you find one they usually charge about half price.

·
Registered
W220
174 Posts
I would also say that you find a good indy .

For example, I paid $280 for front ball joints at my indy mechanic, parts and labour, while the dealer would charge $402 for same job.

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
All of the things associated with a 120K service
are things that the average mechanic can do, save
for the computer scan. It is basically "ALL" fluids and filters and a thorough inspection of components and running gear. The price they quoted you is accurate. Ask them for a list of items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts