Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has insistent idle, as if it's not getting enough gas or the timing is off. i checked the timing, seems to be right on, and the car has lots of power and gets around 15 mpg on the highway. But stopped at red lights it idles progressively worse, as it is flooding itself. any ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't get any response bill, i'm guessing a cold start switch is flooding me out, though i don't know that much about cold start switches. there's something giving me more fuel at idle than i need, and i don't think it's an injector. good luck to you though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, Nicholas, I too think its running rich, I was hoping for an adjustment somewhere, I just bought this car, so need to get a manual. maybe there is an answer there. good luck too<br> <br> thanx

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adjust the idle mixture

Did you check the idle mixture adjustment? I don't have a '73 shop manual but every car has some kind of separate mixture adjustment for the idle. My '76 450 SLC started idling really rough and I adjusted the fuel distributor idle mix just this last weekend. 1/4 turn, it smoothed out, and everything is just peachy keen again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts