Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the six wires in the speaker harness of a 73 450SE: <font size=4><pre><br>
left right<br>
blue orange<br>
white grey<br>
green red<br>
</pre></font> What's the recommended way to connect them to a Mercedes-Becker 4602 CD Radio which has eight speaker wires:<br>
<br>
LF 2 white<br>
LR 2 green<br>
RF 2 gray<br>
RR 2 violett

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe that the original becker tape unit only had two channels a left and a right witht he fader control on the middle console (its that way in my 126). Are there separate power wires or not because if not then two of the six wires are power and ground and then a positive and negative wrie for each of the two channels. Find the wires that go to the fader switch and those are your speaker wires. Then bypass the fader control by running extension wire from the rear speaker wires at the fader up to the head unit and also unplugging the front wires from the fader. I not sure which wires of your new cd harness are which so I cant help you there.<br> <br> A more simple option but one that doesnt bypass the fader switch which limits your power output is to call mercedes and see if they have an adapter that will go from your 6 pni to the newer 8 pin harness.<br> <br> Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts