Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 2011 E200 CGI estate is giving me the codes 0705 & 0706 which points to the "selection range sensor has a electrical fault" & "Fully integrated transmission control unit faulty" . Engine light is on but car drives normally. If you clear the fault it goes away for a while but eventually comes back but car continues to drive normally. Does it only need a new control unit/conductor plate or a whole new valve body as well ?? Dealer recommends the whole valvebody be replaced with the control unit... ouch

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
0705 Component Y3/8s1 (Selection range sensor (VGS)) is defective
0706 Check component Y3/8s1 (Selection range sensor (VGS))

Only alternative, find independent with MB Xentry for second opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Independent says replace fully integrated control unit only, dealer says whole valve body , including control unit. The dealer can replace just the control unit but wont guarantee the job. Independent charges the same as the dealer but for “virgined/recon” unit vs dealers original ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m leaning towards dealer BUT, if it ends up being the valve body and I do only the fully integrated control unit a have to go back and it will cost me double as the valve body is only supplied with the control unit and will have to replace it again.My question is has anybody experienced reoccurring codes 0705&0706 on the 722.9 box and what did they do or replace? I really don’t like replacing parts for nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
rudi.lrx
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing