Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Both are 722.6's but apparently not the same. The slipping was not there before I drilled the hole, but now that the hole is gone the slipping remains. I have replaced the connector and I tool what I think was the TCU out and there is no tranny fluid in or around it...

I would also say the hole DID cause the slipping, as it wasn't slipping before I drilled the hole. Sometimes it acts like it isn't even in gear, and you have to rev it to get the car to move.

·
Registered
'04 Sprinter 318 CDI, '06 E320 CDI
117 Posts
Both are 722.6's but apparently not the same. The slipping was not there before I drilled the hole, but now that the hole is gone the slipping remains. I have replaced the connector and I tool what I think was the TCU out and there is no tranny fluid in or around it...

I would also say the hole DID cause the slipping, as it wasn't slipping before I drilled the hole. Sometimes it acts like it isn't even in gear, and you have to rev it to get the car to move.

On the Sprinter Forum there has not been a single complaint of such after a DARF procedure. Are you sure you have the correct transmission fluid level and type of fluid is spec?

·
Registered
05 E320 CDI w/ 4 Zone Climate Control, Panaromic Roof, Parktronics. MB SDS equipped.
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
driving without the TCC is actually smoother. You just don't get the "kick". If you are feeling the loss of power. It is your torque converter not transferring the power. TCC is only to recover the 10% to 20% power loss in fluid coupling in the torque converter. In your case, you sound like you have a serious power loss. TC is there mostly for fuel economy reason. I would take the TC back to the shop where you got it rebuilt. I suspect the shuddering is also from the TC turbine as well.

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI (W211)
157 Posts
I must ask....has anybody been successful in doing this transmission adaptation procedure without the SDS? If so, do tell. How were you able to accurately identify each point where the coolant rose by 10°C? I'm even more curious to know where you found a place where you can drive, unimpeded, at 30-40 mph with the cruise control on, then when you hit the 10°C increase, pull over and sit for 20 seconds before doing it all over again? I'm thinking that this can really only be done with the car on a test station/dynomometer type machine...where the vehicle is strapped down, and traffic is of no concern. Just wondering, Toolman Johnny

·
Registered
05 E320 CDI w/ 4 Zone Climate Control, Panaromic Roof, Parktronics. MB SDS equipped.
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
a really big parking lot with no traffic at night will work. You will be driving the car in a big circle. I haven't done that before. I live in a city. It is not easy to see a big parking lots close by. In my view, MB shouldn't keep that adaptation logic in a secret. They really make problem solve a real pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to add to this post as I was having similar issues only when the transmission was cold, usually for the first 2-4 miles of driving. I have an S600 - 2007 with the 722.6 with only 65k miles on it. I figured I would start with the TCC solenoid before I looked at a valve body and finally got around to it last week. I have to say, although it took me a while to get under the car and drop the valve body to get to it, that was about the least expensive fix to a transmission that I could have imagined. No more Torque Converter hard lockups in the morning and wondering when will I break a motor mount or worse. Just wanted to post in case anyone else has this issue, but it's over a week and smooth shifting. The p/n is 1402770435 and I've seen it around $55.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the DARF mod this morning to a 2004 E500 with a shudder. Good news is the shudder went away, bad news is some of the gears went away too. Almost like limp home mode. Don't do it. I have to take it apart and plug the hole now.
The hole size is very important. I would guess you made the hole too big, but that's just a guess. The T1n Sprinters have this transmission and lots of people are having good success with it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts