Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 300 d
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello benz enthusiasts!

Im new to mercedes but i've read about how reliable they are and have seen for my self that they are. My car is a 1993 300D turbo

Trouble started on a rainy day coming back home I stopped at the lights, when the lights changed the car wouldnt go forwards I pushed it out the way. And after trying everything i could found that it worked in reverse so I drove it bback home in reverse.

After reading about this problem I saw that the B2 piston could be the culpritt tried to see if it would work without the vacuum line to the modulator and it did. a caress on the gas and then it moved on 3 rd and 4th gear. Success but after putting it on jackstands and draining the oil (wich was quite clean) I took the filter out and a small dogbone fell out, took the b2 out and i found another dogbone after double checking the fluid i found some little plastic bits.

Question is where is the small dogbone from? I apprecciatte your help.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,395 Posts
Dogbones??? How do animal remains end up in a tranmission???

Please post a pic. That would help tremendously, because I think something is getting lost in translation.

·
Registered
1992 300ce, 3.0, 207,00 mi.
335 Posts
They are shaped like a dog bone but EPC refers to them as pins. The B2 piston pushes against the pin which in turn causes the B2 brake band to close. The pins come in different lengths to set the proper clearance. There is a plastic bracket/holder which the brake band sets in, most likely where the plastic pieces are from. Suggest you do a search and locate a trans manual which will show parts, procedures, adjustments to correct your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts