Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my old 72 is running rough and have replaced the following to try and sort it out... Distributer cap, rotor, HT leads, Plugs and points and condenser. Swapped out coil and wired it up through the resistor which had been bypassed as has the grey box under the wing(anyone know what this is, it has been disconnected since I bought the car about 6 yrs ago but ran ok until recently) Cleaned the trigger points for the injectors and checked for any vacuum leaks.
The main problem is that she seems to be missing on a few cylinders when driving under 50 or accelerating slowly, she pulls great if you give it extra trottle. Idles not too bad but when left for a while she starts to surge.Basically when under moderate load she misses, floor it and she runs fine. Have disconnected the trottle sensor plug when she starts surging and makes no difference, keeps surging.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
mikesmerc - 5/11/2005 6:29 PM

Hello all, my old 72 is running rough and have replaced the following to try and sort it out... Distributer cap, rotor, HT leads, Plugs and points and condenser. Swapped out coil and wired it up through the resistor which had been bypassed as has the grey box under the wing(anyone know what this is, it has been disconnected since I bought the car about 6 yrs ago but ran ok until recently) Cleaned the trigger points for the injectors and checked for any vacuum leaks.
The main problem is that she seems to be missing on a few cylinders when driving under 50 or accelerating slowly, she pulls great if you give it extra trottle. Idles not too bad but when left for a while she starts to surge.Basically when under moderate load she misses, floor it and she runs fine. Have disconnected the trottle sensor plug when she starts surging and makes no difference, keeps surging.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Sounds to me like you might have a bad or leaky injector (or two or three).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a reply from my merc supplier, he wants 30pounds(55dollars??) for a single injector second hand. How much are these new?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,883 Posts
I belive that is half the price of the new ones for 116/117982 engine. While back ago, mistakenly I was quoted ~ZAR980 for one (~120EUR) of those for 982 and my engine is 985.
South Africa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts