Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just installed some ebay cheapo HIDs from Ebay that only costed $70.00 check it out:

They were completely plug and play H1 easy to install only took me about 30 minutes... Its been 2 months no problems!

Ebay Seller was: kickxtc $70.00 SHIPPED!

NO BULB OUT PROBLEM just plug and play! easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, something's burning in the last pic.:D

I have somewhat of the same setup. Got my pojector headlights with the HID kit included. Seeing that the beam pattern is like this __/ __/, did you notice that the right side might be lighted up a little too much. Might not be too bad if using halogens but with the HIDs, the road signs, tree tops and the folks on the right that I pass seem to be lighted up very, very brightly.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Hey, something's burning in the last pic.:D

I have somewhat of the same setup. Got my pojector headlights with the HID kit included. Seeing that the beam pattern is like this __/ __/, did you notice that the right side might be lighted up a little too much. Might not be too bad if using halogens but with the HIDs, the road signs, tree tops and the folks on the right that I pass seem to be lighted up very, very brightly.
That is what Euro lenses look like. Its OK, meant to show off the side of road in low beam. Opposite for RHD.

Bazz

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Where did you hide the ballasts? I always like a clean, factory look install when add things like this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with taking a visibility modification testimonial from someone named 'sightless'? :D

Just kidding! The install looks great. I'm planning on converting my factory Xenons to projector HID's sometime in the not-so-distant future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well i used some self tapping screws to connect the waterproof in the flat metal sheet under the headlights. looks pretty clean. I hid a lot of the wiring inside the rubber boot of the projectors.
Any chance of posting a pic of where you mounted your ballast? I didn't think there was enough space under the headlight. Mine's just sitting here for now: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1359064-question-about-projector-headlights-xenon.html#post2723415

·
Registered
58 Posts
sightless: How are these lights holding up after the past 2 years? I just ordered an ebay one from lighting623 for 43 bucks. I figured, they are so cheap, might as well see. His feedback is mostly good for the headlight sales.

·
Registered
171 Posts
$50 is about the going rate for these kits.They are all the same.The only difference is slim ballast or regular.

·
Registered
58 Posts
good to know....seems like there have been quite a few people now who have similar ones that seem to do just as well as the more expensive phillips.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's sweet gakz! Gives me a lot of confidence. I see you have a pre-FL version too....do you have them in the OEM halogen housings? That's what I will be installing mine to.

·
2,594 Posts
as above..... cheaper kits work just as fine. probably all come from same location...

had mine for over 2yrs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can't wait to get them....should be receiving them next week. From what I believe you mentioned last time, Subby, I may have to drill a hole for the wires in the OEM light, but that's it.

gakz, do you have any pics? Is it a projector setup or reflector setup?

·
2,594 Posts
yeh... have to drill a hole (forgot what size) to feed it thru the dust cap on the back of the stock headlights...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, just got the lights today! They look good to go....ballasts are regular sized, no label. they look like cheapo ballasts...but as long as they hold up! I'll take pics of the package, but can't take pics of them installed until a few weeks when I am actually near the car. But I'll get some shots up at that point...I'm soooo psyched! I have had HIDs since I got my TL in 2002 and anything halogen just doesn't seem bright enough....=)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts