Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 'V' reg A190 three months ago. I am thrilled at the handling, I like the comfort and build quality but it has been back to the dealers half a dozen times for noises at the rear. The discs, pads, suspension arms and wheel bearings wheels have been replaced. Now the wheels have been blamed. What ever it is, is deafening me. It has Dunlop directional tyres fitted to the rear and I am blaming them. When the pressures are increased (35psi)the noise level is to much to handle but at the lowest recommended pressure (29psi)it is just bearable with the radio turned on. This low pressure is however knocking the tyres edges off slightly. This was blamed at one time. I had them put a set of standard alloys and tyres on from another vehicle, this was heavenly, no noises.<br> The dealer says it is my problem as I bought the car with the AMG wheels and have been told it is the price I have to pay for the extra road holding, 'AMG wheels are noisy' says the workshop manager and so says the sales men. I was not warned of this when I bought the car.<br> AMG staff must work in close liason with Mercedes road testing department, surely they would not allow their product to cause such unacceptable levels of noise. <br> Could you please give me your opinion, I think new non-directional tyres fitted would help? <br> I look forward to your reply. Bob.T

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
'AMG wheels are noisy'?

Wider lower profile tyres will increase road noise slightly but not to this extent and definitely shouldn’t effect the discs, pads, suspension arms or wheel bearings. I would tend to blame the wheels, are they original AMG wheels, as there are some poor quality replicas about! It may be worth getting the vehicle checked over by the AA or RAC (presuming you’re in England). Finally did it come from a Mercedes dealer? If so try taking it up with Chrysler/Daimler UK, Milton Keynes, Tel; 668899 <br> <br> Jay.<br> <br>

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts