Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not give a good washed or any wax on the g in like 8 months, well yesterday i didnt have anthing to do so i drug out the old water hose and went at it. Finished it off with that new Dupont teflon wax. Ill post back later if it works. I still think that the Meguires color back, then Megures MXT wax makes it "darker / wetter" But it has been a long time. I think im going to try both on the pathfider later, do half the hood in megures and the other half in the dupont see how it looks. Anyway here is a CLEAN picture of the G

Attachments

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you can see in the picture that the "aluminum" sticker has been removed on the side rubber trim. Also for those wondering the chrome tape has been removed as well from the grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Kerr - 3/14/2005 9:17 AM

you can see in the picture that the "aluminum" sticker has been removed on the side rubber trim. Also for those wondering the chrome tape has been removed as well from the grill.
What's up w/ your headlights? Do you have those fake blue bulbs that are meant to look like Xenons?

Can you shoot a close up of the rub rails?

Looks great.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i got the ricer bulbs. i had those in the clk, looked just like my dads S500. But in the G i guess because the lenz is clear it dont not turn the color of the light to the hid blue, just not the golden white anymore. I also chaged out the parking lights to some japaneese lights. They aer VERY bright.

I can get you all the picture you want. Just want some close ups or the rails?

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Kerr - 3/14/2005 10:33 AM

Yea i got the ricer bulbs. i had those in the clk, looked just like my dads S500. But in the G i guess because the lenz is clear it dont not turn the color of the light to the hid blue, just not the golden white anymore. I also chaged out the parking lights to some japaneese lights. They aer VERY bright.

I can get you all the picture you want. Just want some close ups or the rails?
Just the rails - just curious if I was seeing the picure right. Glad you are happy with those lights. The studies and Dan Stern will disagree about their brightness and safety.

I think the removal of the chrome tape and rail inserts look great on the black G. Not so sure how it would look on my silver.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea that is a good idea. I did the same thing fist to see if i would like it.

as for the lights they are not "ricer" anoying. more of a piaa clear color. The only bright light is the little parking light. I think it burns as a 10watt instad of 5.

Ill get a picture of it tonight to show what im talking about.

Im thinking about doing a HID install though, waiting to see how it works out on the ML first.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Kerr, what a difference removing the chrome makes! How long did it take you to remove the chrome tape from the grille?

Harald, how does your G look with the black electrical tape? Any pics?

Kerr, I'm considering following your lead if doing so makes my white G look better.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think it would just depend on how long it has been on there. mine is a 02 and i just did it like 6 months ago. Its just like removing a sticker. Some time its comes off easy some times it does not.

I just used a hair dryer and heated the grill, then started on the corner and started pulling it off. Once you get off go over it with some wax remover to get the glue off. I figured if i dont like i can probaby fix it with pin strip for auto zone.

You have a digital camera? I have the cheap photo shop. If you post the a picture of the front and side ill see if i can "paint" it for you. Im not very good at photo shop but it will give you an idea

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
I'm at the office right now and I don't have a digital camera here. Here's a picture of the closest thing to mine as I can get you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts