Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am trying to freshen up the heating system. The car has no AC. I have removed the lower molding, glove box and ash tray. I removed the 3 clips holding the heating cables. But I can't seem to remove the cables from the heater lever. Looks like a flat head but I'm sure of I just unscrew it, its flexing pretty bad when trying to unscrew?

Thanks,
Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
68 250S, 91 300se, 98 SL500, 450SEL 6.9, 14 CLS550 Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
4,363 Posts
The are just regular screws. Try pentrating fluid for a while and also see if you can grasp the other side with pliers when unscrewing. Pull the control levers to see if you can position the screw to a more accessible position.

Your picture seems to be the backside of the dash control levers. Perhaps you can disconnect the cables from the other end by the heater core and then remove the control panel with cables attached and then work on bench to complete.

BTW at least several years ago at least one or two of the cable were available from MB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I am going to try to grab it with long needle nose pliers and see if I can break it free without twisting too much. I'll spray it too

Thanks

Anthony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts