Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Merc Vito 108CDi, GSXR K8
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the old 639 steering wheel is crap, sure most people would agree I want to put on the new leather one, i don't care if the buttons work but any one know if the air bags will be compatible? as I wish to do this for pure ascetics and feel...

Thanks

·
Registered
vito 109 cdi
27 Posts
Ok so the old 639 steering wheel is crap, sure most people would agree I want to put on the new leather one, i don't care if the buttons work but any one know if the air bags will be compatible? as I wish to do this for pure ascetics and feel...

Thanks
Had same problem with mine steering wheel. Swap to this. Genuine steering wheel with extra padding and top & bottom thumbs.

Will have 2 available end of the month.
Both with black stitching

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks good as the covers you get don't go all the way to the edge of horn which I want it to do so, temporary I have ordered a red stitched cover till sorted, keep me posted thanks.... As would be interested

·
Registered
W639 Vito 110 CDI; Ponton 220S; VW Phaeton V10 tdi; 1995 S500 ex diplomatic car (gone)
574 Posts
How much? Anything for wheel controls available?

·
Premium Member
2008 vito 115 CDI dualiner
435 Posts
Royal steering wheels will do whatever you want to your old steering wheel, But not sure of other types that you can swap with the original on the 638 .

Nick

·
Registered
2015 114 Bluetec Long, 2005 Vito 111CDi XLWB, 2003 E55 AMG, 2002 Vito 108CDi, 2002 ML55
332 Posts
I've always fancied upgrading to one of the wooden/leather combos found on the Merc cars I've owned. Anyone ever done this successfully?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/xsnowboarder1x/DSC_1585.jpg[img]

I have temporarily done this was 16 quid... Stitch your self it looks and feels good but I want the leather to go behind the horn

·
Registered
2006 Vito 109 compact.
196 Posts
Now would they exchange the early MK2 steering wheel where the rubber is loose on the steering wheel for the facelift steering wheel?!?! lol

·
Registered
2006 Vito 109 compact.
196 Posts
No programming needed for the airbag?

I take it you need the updated cluster fitted or is that only if you want the airbag buttons to work?

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
If you have the old fish scale than do that first yes.
Airbag needs no programming, it will need the buttons to swap with buttons or it will need extra wires and coding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts