Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:thumbsup: I have had the 109cdi for 2 months now, and found it underpowered when laden with my kit, i was unable to find either a 111 or 115with my spec and price range......so i contacted a renowned Merc & BMW tuner i have used before E Maps who travel to you, i have used Simon before and is reputation and maps are second to none :)

I initially asked for for 60 Nm torque map giving me 310 NM, i test drove the van, and although i could feel the difference i wanted a bit more, so he loaded a 80NM+ map making 330NM in all (115cdi torque) the difference was very apparent instantly :bowdown: it is much more drivable, pulls in all gears, hills are no longer an issue either.

When i fitted the roof bars and pipe tube, this dropped top end speed by 5 -10 mph, this is now back with more to spare;) it runs smoother all round , seems quieter, revs over much easier and does not smoke result!!! Too early to tell if MPG has increased, but going on other results with real world use it should with more low end torque by 1-2 MPG.

All this is done without lifting the bonnet, first a fault code reader is plugged into the ODB port (located under the steering wheel to the right of the accelerator) to check for any problems, i had none, then your own map is sucked out and modified then re loaded into the ECU, no old fashioned soldering or smokey tuning boxes.

It now runs ~125bhp and 330NM oh and driving is now much more fun and enjoyable

E-Maps - Home - Performance car ECU chip tuning and mobile engine remaps

Highly recommended::)

Vern

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations with the result.

During the weekend, I updated my car to. I've found a product - "Utune"- which is a box
you connect through OBD, download original software, send it on an email to the tuner. Within 24 hours you receive updated software which you can upload to the car. Mine is a 150bhp version - which now has app. 180bhp/400Nm :)

It pulls quite well in 6th gear - overtaking is fun now! ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts