Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
21,996 Posts
I know you guys have worked on the front end, but here’s a crack at making it look more stock from the side view

Your rendition:

Some suggestions I’d make (with my limited knowledge / attempt).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
the issue i see with opeing up the bottom more is you lose a bit of the "factory racecar" feel as the wheel wells were always closed up as much as the tire would allow for the sake of aero

alot of our "cues" have been era factory sponsored/build road race cars, sadly the best examples to draw from have been BMW, thats not entirely a bad things since the bulk of the shapes are very similar, the trick has been refining everything to looking like somewhere between a prototype and something that may have actualy been campaigned while still feeling like a real car and not full race, think along the lines of homologation if the rules required the body to be "untouched" from its street form to its race form or a factory racer that was brought back to the street after years of campaining

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
21,996 Posts
I like it and can’t wait to see more progress.

I will definitely appreciate the info on the company that might fabricate the cages. I guess it’s possible that some of the interior mounting points might be customized on your car, but figure anything would be a help for anyone wanting to make a “race” SLC.

Thank you!

161 - 163 of 163 Posts