Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1979 450SLC 5.0L, 1995 E320 Coupe, 2005 E55 (sold), 2000 E430 4Matic (crashed), 1990 300E (sold)
244 Posts
@sh0rtlife where is the 107 hoarder??!!

so lets get this out of the way

the contents within these posts may be graphic in nature and may contain explicit amounts of naked 107 body, cutting, grinding, welding, and fabrication, and not to be limited to parts swapping multiple car sacrificing.

for those of you weak of heart, closed minded, purists, children and small animals should avert your eyes..and do make sure your wife is out of the room...unless she is into this kind of thing

to the moderators, im sorry in advance

viewer discretion is advised

some posts may get long winded, expect to be overwhelmed with photos and information, as well as lulls in build time due to life happening, input, questions and wild ideas are more than welcome so dont be afraid to pipe up...more eyes on a build can help keep it on track while steering it into places unexpected

now on with the show

this will be a long distance build,me in oregon the owner in toronto i have worked with the owner via forums before so you may or may not get to see us brainstorm and photoshop drafts back and forth of the build, im not going to fully tip my hat as to all the goodies and things that are currently on the table, or the facts that are set in stone as they will be a surprise

600slc you ask..well i figured that was fitting for the moment as the car has yet to be officially named, tho i refer to her as "Internationale Schlampe" (feel free to translate to English if you like)due to the planing and parts list, being the engine on the stand for her is a 6.0 i figured this would suit you guys

me and the owner tossed around many different makes/models of cars..initially an alfa spider was built and was going to be re-built differently(not sure if cross forum linking is acceptable), while a tail light hunt was under way we hit on the SLC, and everything started to jive and the hunt for one began, every SLC dissapeared of c-list and i mistakenly came across a very VERY local guy with a field FULL of 107's 50 or so, met up with him and scoped things out and had 2 slc's in my cross hairs..with a 3rd grey market import in the running

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
one last set of body mocks before she goes out to sit, while i do rail work

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
perspective of the driver using your mirror....all that rubber down those caverns

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
front brake check

yes the front rotor is 14inch (rear 13.5) and the EXACT size of the face of the wheel
with a TON of room off the caliper , i dare say 16inch rotors would fit with even bigger calipers

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
front end layed out and bolted up for rail fitment and finishing

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
front wheel view of rotor and caliper on front end...can you find it without the flash...no..not really

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
front leveled, squared, bolted and rails in place for final adjustments, then onto welding the final bits of mount

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
onto the rear, planted, squared and railed up, now yeah, you look at that easurement now go look at your bed..sideways yes this is as wide as your bed is long.......

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
attempted view of the rear rotor and caliper..just a smidgen of daylight

·
Registered
yet to be determined
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
front and rear together, still need to square from each other but theres plenty of work to do before then, they are set to 111 inch wheelbase yeah i know the slc is 110.83, but theres no point in keeping in that .83 when rounding to 111 will make life simpler, besides the bodys getting modded anyway rounding up to the 111 or down to 110 wont really change anything in the grand scheme of things

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are looking to replace the front tires as the stretch does not match/compliment the rear for esthetics or performance. Currently it's at 275/30/19. Further measurements factor in upgrading to 285/30/19 on the same 10.5 width should suffice. The end result will bring us much closer to the final rear sidewall set-up ratio. Speaking of the rear, these are rough in mock placements of the fenders and the wheel arches will undergo further massaging. There will be no stock fender lip up front and both arches will see increased arch height.

This is a PS mock of arch adjustment out back.

View attachment 2618602

181 - 193 of 193 Posts