Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so lets get this out of the way

the contents within these posts may be graphic in nature and may contain explicit amounts of naked 107 body, cutting, grinding, welding, and fabrication, and not to be limited to parts swapping multiple car sacrificing.

for those of you weak of heart, closed minded, purists, children and small animals should avert your eyes..and do make sure your wife is out of the room...unless she is into this kind of thing

to the moderators, im sorry in advance

viewer discretion is advised

some posts may get long winded, expect to be overwhelmed with photos and information, as well as lulls in build time due to life happening, input, questions and wild ideas are more than welcome so dont be afraid to pipe up...more eyes on a build can help keep it on track while steering it into places unexpected

now on with the show

this will be a long distance build,me in oregon the owner in toronto i have worked with the owner via forums before so you may or may not get to see us brainstorm and photoshop drafts back and forth of the build, im not going to fully tip my hat as to all the goodies and things that are currently on the table, or the facts that are set in stone as they will be a surprise

600slc you ask..well i figured that was fitting for the moment as the car has yet to be officially named, tho i refer to her as "Internationale Schlampe" (feel free to translate to English if you like)due to the planing and parts list, being the engine on the stand for her is a 6.0 i figured this would suit you guys

me and the owner tossed around many different makes/models of cars..initially an alfa spider was built and was going to be re-built differently(not sure if cross forum linking is acceptable), while a tail light hunt was under way we hit on the SLC, and everything started to jive and the hunt for one began, every SLC dissapeared of c-list and i mistakenly came across a very VERY local guy with a field FULL of 107's 50 or so, met up with him and scoped things out and had 2 slc's in my cross hairs..with a 3rd grey market import in the running

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
21,920 Posts
What 6.0 motor?
@roncallo has done a 600sl.

There’s also a bored AMG 380slc that had an engine swap.

The tough part of fitting an m119 is apparently the frame rails an exhaust manifolds. Roncallo had to do a lot off subframe fabrication for the m120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres the first runner up, a 76 or 77

and the grey market..while it spoke to me...was clearly stored under a tarp for long enough for the rust worms to have had their way with her...saveable sure..but why work harder when you can start off cleaner

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this black 74 slc spoke to me..in volumes, and in the end would be harder to get out of the yard, put up the most fight, but had sooooo many coincidental things that were still finding that it is in fact begging for what is about to begin

most of you guys will see it as junk or a parts car...me ive saved cars so far gone no shop in the world would even consider em..so i only see potential and a chance to save one that is otherwise lost

the new owner about died when i told him this was what he was buying for our foundation to build on

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a month went by before funds transfered and i had time to get back to it..expecting to have to help drag it out he had it ready to go, i will be doing some horse trading for more parts as the build goes on since theres a good deal of stuff we wont need thats on the car and a short list of things we do

i did manage to get "trapped" inside the car while loading requiring a jack to get out LOL

after getting down off the mountain a bath was in order before getting her home

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
9,732 Posts
Wow

All I can say is that the most expensive part of building Samson at least cash wise was the restoration of the car. And its not even painted yet.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
so lets get this out of the way

the contents within these posts may be graphic in nature and may contain explicit amounts of naked 107 body, cutting, grinding, welding, and fabrication, and not to be limited to parts swapping multiple car sacrificing.

for those of you weak of heart, closed minded, purists, children and small animals should avert your eyes..and do make sure your wife is out of the room...unless she is into this kind of thing

to the moderators, im sorry in advance

viewer discretion is advised

some posts may get long winded, expect to be overwhelmed with photos and information, as well as lulls in build time due to life happening, input, questions and wild ideas are more than welcome so dont be afraid to pipe up...more eyes on a build can help keep it on track while steering it into places unexpected

now on with the show

this will be a long distance build,me in oregon the owner in toronto i have worked with the owner via forums before so you may or may not get to see us brainstorm and photoshop drafts back and forth of the build, im not going to fully tip my hat as to all the goodies and things that are currently on the table, or the facts that are set in stone as they will be a surprise

600slc you ask..well i figured that was fitting for the moment as the car has yet to be officially named, tho i refer to her as "Internationale Schlampe" (feel free to translate to English if you like)due to the planing and parts list, being the engine on the stand for her is a 6.0 i figured this would suit you guys

me and the owner tossed around many different makes/models of cars..initially an alfa spider was built and was going to be re-built differently(not sure if cross forum linking is acceptable), while a tail light hunt was under way we hit on the SLC, and everything started to jive and the hunt for one began, every SLC dissapeared of c-list and i mistakenly came across a very VERY local guy with a field FULL of 107's 50 or so, met up with him and scoped things out and had 2 slc's in my cross hairs..with a 3rd grey market import in the running

That field looks like fonzi's vacation land.

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
21,920 Posts
That field looks like fonzi's vacation land.

I’m pretty sure that if it was MY land. I would have at least kept the pine needles off those cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea know...pine needles are not entirely a bad thing, they will still allow the cars to "breath" unlike most leaves n such..but they do get in everywhere and are GREAT at plugging up sun roof drains

i should have clarified right off the bat.."restoration" is NOT in the program..no were aiming for deep left field with this one, while not much of the OEM will remain it will retain a very "era correct" feel and look to it, think "finished refined scca/imsa road car"

take a dash of crazy, a splash of naughty, add 650ish HP, throw enough rubber to grip, and suspension mods to take it and youll start to dream up what weve got planned

i intend to fully clean out as much "crap" as i can before i even move it into my shop so im not cleaning up every day
so have some more ugly shots of her and let the cleanup commence...as of right now the "bad" find is actually very minimal..the battery tray at firewall hole...as well as 2 soft spots in the rear floors where i fully intended to run frame rail connectors so..meh...outside of that i have yet to find anything remotely soft or bad....the battery tray hole is pretty substantial to most but its really no big deal

·
Registered
1984 380SL
2,260 Posts
Of course some weasal took the headlights and seats and other stuff.

I told Drew at Uro to make replica Euro headlamps for their auto Technica line. Ain't no way I'm paying those obscene prices for OEM!

·
Registered
86 560SL
1,243 Posts

I told Drew at Uro to make replica Euro headlamps for their auto Technica line. Ain't no way I'm paying those obscene prices for OEM!
Don’t hold your breath. Aftermarket Euro headlights can be found on the German eBay site for approx. $1700
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Scheinwerfer-Set-komplett-fur-Mercedes-SL-107-R107-W107-SLC-NEU-EU-TUV-E1-LHD/312134746376?fits=Platform:R107&hash=item48acae4108:g:Ie4AAOSw6iZcESB~

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts

·
Registered
1984 380SL
2,260 Posts

Don’t hold your breath. Aftermarket Euro headlights can be found on the German eBay site for approx. $1700
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Scheinwerfer-Set-komplett-fur-Mercedes-SL-107-R107-W107-SLC-NEU-EU-TUV-E1-LHD/312134746376?fits=Platform:R107&hash=item48acae4108:g:Ie4AAOSw6iZcESB~
eBay seller is smoking some dope herb because you can get original euroanfor $1400 stateside.

·
Registered
yet to be determined
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill be picking up some of the missing bits when i drop off a bunch of the stuff thats on it that i dont want/need..course my version of missing is not the same as yours LOL
headlights will be ROUND not a fan of the squares they look goofy imo

pic dump coming

1 - 20 of 163 Posts