Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

600 SEL/ should I do it

1488 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Peter Guenther
hello,
i am a newbie here. and was getting ready to purchase a 93 600SEL. first off i work in a independent MB and BMW shop.(have the scan tools,lifts,tools etc.)
now the car has most service records. but what has been done already has been evaporator,radiator,oil pump and control arms. car is super mint not a scratch on it. i can get the car at a real good deal. should i buy it? or pass. i can fully pay and do any work that need to be done if something does happen. but is is going to turn into a money pit real quick. thank you.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
It's your call. If you feel good about it, then go for it. It's a very nice and powerful...

It's your call. If you feel good about it, then go for it. It's a very nice and powerful vehicle. My father has one, it's a 95 though. Just don't touch the hood after a long trip. It gets very hot. I am sure you knew that. I haven't heard him telling me any trouble he has. I am sure he would because I am the one who took care of his cars.

· Registered
93 600SEL 91 420SEL
94 Posts
hello,
i am a newbie here. and was getting ready to purchase a 93 600SEL. first off i work in a independent MB and BMW shop.(have the scan tools,lifts,tools etc.)
now the car has most service records. but what has been done already has been evaporator,radiator,oil pump and control arms. car is super mint not a scratch on it. i can get the car at a real good deal. should i buy it? or pass. i can fully pay and do any work that need to be done if something does happen. but is is going to turn into a money pit real quick. thank you.
I own a '93 600 SEL and have owned it for over a year. It has 109,000 miles and is in excellent condition. It has had excellent care throughout its life--I am the second owner. As far as service/repair goes, I've had no problem with this. I utilize an independent MB shop and find that my costs are not out of line with that of other expensive vehicles. We order most of our parts, including oil filters, etc., on-line. It sounds as if you have excellent access to service at a reasonable price. [8D]

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts

The A/C, suspension are the big items, The Bose Amp, and the closing assist, are next in line. There are no manuals for the car, you must know that, If it is in great shape it is the ultimate cruiser. There are many satified owners, I have had a 500 since 94, and my problems are indicated above

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.